Dec 29, 2025

Living a good life.

Today, I went to see Fantastic Four First Steps. It appears it may be the last few days you can see it in a theater at least locally in my case. Since I have off, I tried to fit it into the schedule. I shot pool on Saturday but had a bunch of cancellations or changes in plans but I’m trying not to let that stop me.
I went to an afternoon show and it turned out I had the entire theater to myself! This is what it must be like to be filthy rich.

Also, since it’s birthday month, AMC where I saw the flick coughed up a free large popcorn! YAY ME! Now, I had bought passes to movies awhile ago now and only recently have been getting around to using them so I used one of those passes to go, when all was said and done it cost me $2 and change, Finally I had my pockets stuffed with candy and a soda so I was set.

That’s really a cheap afternoon and a good one as far as I’m concerned.

Now, about the movie… 

I’ve watched the movie in the theaters and now have had it on in the background not really watching it closely but overall I have to say it’s a good take on the Fantastic Four.

I would have cast it differently… seeing Pedro Pascal in a lot of things these days is a little off putting and that they couldn’t get him to remove his mustache speaks a lot about indulging actors.

My choices for Reed Richards and Sue Storm if I had my say would have been Tom Ellis (from Lucifer) and Alice Eve. I don’t get choices though and I’m a little sad that the rumored John Krasinski and Emily Blunt thing never went anywhere but it’s still a decent movie. I even watched it when it came up on Disney Plus and have to say they did get it right even if I’m less than thrilled with the whole Shalla Bal/Silver Surfer business.

No comments: